Itumelang Khune says goodbye to Amakhosi fans

khune left Following news that Itumelang Khune will be leaving Kaizer Chiefs, he took to social media to bid fans farewell after an illustrious 12-year term with the team.

In an emotional note jotted down on his Instagram, Khune expressed his sadness and gratitude to the Chiefs supporters, staff, players and coaches he worked with during his tenure.

“It is with sadness that my time at Kaizer Chiefs has come to an end after 12 years. Chiefs has been my life, my dream since I was a small boy. It has been an honor to wear the jersey and to play for AMakhosi with pride. I have been very lucky. I have lived my dream,” Khune wrote.

“To the board of directors, entire Chiefs staff,players/coaches past and present and the faithful AMakhosi supporters, Thank you for everything and your support. You have helped me every step in my career. I will always cherish each and every moment I spent with you. I would also like to thank my family for their support too.”

“To the supporters, no words can best define my gratitude, you have made me who I am today. Your songs and Vuvuzela sound will forever be engraved in my heart..#Khosi4Life

Khune’s agent hits back at Chiefs

Itumeleng Khune’s mediator Dan Linchman has hit back at claims that Bafana Bafana goalkeeper held Kaizer Chiefs ransom over his contract negotiations with the club.

According to the England-based soccer agent Lichman said: “I did not deal with the chairman, only with Bobby Motaung. The club has lost a great player. He’s a top player; his talent remains.”

READ  Is Stuart Baxter Kaizer Chiefs next big coup signing?

The negotiations with the club allegedly failed after Khune demanded over 100% increase from R325k to R700 000 a month which would be over R8million a year.

“The club made a single offer to Khune in 18 months, and very late. It was incomplete and was rejected,” Lichman quoted saying on the soccer news website.

“The issue with Itu is that we were dealing with an agent who is not even in the country, over the phone, via email,” Motaung said on Tuesday.