- Rihanna’s cousin was shot to death in the St Michaels area of Barbudos Tuesday
- Authorities said Tavon Kaiseen Alleyne was walking when a man approached him and shot him several times
- The heartbroken 29-year-old singer tweeted and mourned her relative
- She said she had just spent Christmas with him and ‘felt the warmth’ in his body
- The Wild Thoughts singer also wrote #endgunviolence and shared photos of them together
Rihanna’s cousin died Tuesday after being shot-to-death in Barbados.
The 29-year-old singer posted a series of photos of her cousin, Tavon Kaiseen Alleyne, mourning her fallen relative and indicating she had just spent Christmas with him.
‘RIP cousin… can’t believe it was just last night that I held you in my arms!’ the heartbroken Wild Thoughts singer wrote to her 59million Instagram followers.
‘Never thought that would be the last time I felt the warmth in your body!!! Love you always man!’
The eight-time Grammy award winner added the hashtag, ‘#endgunviolence,’ at the end of the post.
Alleyne was walking through a track in the St Michael’s area of Barbados around 7pm Tuesday night when he was approached by a man and shot several times, according to Nation News.
The man then fled the scene, and has not been identified.