Manchester United loanee Lingard amazed everyone. Jesse Lingard was loaned to David Moyes’ West Ham United and his first game he scored 2 goals in the game Westham won 3 goal to 1 beating Aston Villa.
“It is great when you bring someone in and they do well,” West Ham boss Moyes told BBC Sport.
“If he keeps up the form he showed tonight, and he is not completely match fit, scoring the goals, he will not be far way from Gareth Southgate’s England squad in the summer.”
“We didn’t feel like we did enough [in our 3-1 loss to Liverpool] at the weekend but we did today,” added Moyes.
“Jesse helped us with that. We had to play well because of Villa’s quality.
“He will help us no end before the summer. All round a really great performance.”
Manchester United loanee Lingard amazed everyone
“I started tonight, scored two goals and got three points. I was smiling before the game and during, I just enjoy playing football,” Lingard told BT Sport.
“It has been a long time, I have come here to get game time and scored two goals but like I said, three points is the most important.”
“We are in a better place than last season and only two or three games where I came out and I was disappointed and this is one of them.
“We have set the standards after 19 games, you want to keep that going. Unfortunately tonight we didn’t.”
Goals from midfield – the stats from bbc sport
- West Ham boss David Moyes has overseen three consecutive away wins in the Premier League for the first time since April 2014 when he was in charge of Manchester United (four in a row).
- West Ham have earned 38 points from their 22 Premier League games this season, their highest tally at this stage of a top-flight campaign since 1985-86, when they had 45 points and would go on to finish third.
- Aston Villa have lost back-to-back Premier League meetings with West Ham for the first time since January 2006.
- Tomas Soucek has scored eight Premier League goals for West Ham this season; excluding penalties, this is the most of any midfielder in the competition.
- Jesse Lingard was only the second player to score twice on his Premier League debut for West Ham, after Trevor Sinclair against Everton in January 1998.
- Manchester United beat nine-man 9 goals.
Please don’t forget to share this article on facebook
Do you think Lingard will be called again by England national team ?