Manchester United wonder kid Shola Shoretire. Who is he ? Shola Maxwell Shoretire (born 2 February 2004) is an English professional footballer who plays as a forward for Premier League club Manchester United. according to wekipedia
I watched the game the boy was given few minutes he replaced Marcus Rashford. UNited won 3 goals to 1 beating the visiting Newcastle United.
What did Rashford say?
“It’s in our DNA, it’s what we do at Man Utd,” the England forward stated when asked post-match. “It’s important our kids know when they’re good enough, [they know] they’re old enough.
“Shola has been training with us now for a little while, and has done really well, [this] was the next step up.
“In the last transfer window we let a few players go out on loan, which made the path for him shorter and I’m sure he’ll remember his five or six minutes on the pitch tonight.”
Goal-hungry Man Utd – the key stats from bbc sport
- Manchester United have scored 53 goals in 25 games in the Premier League this term – their most at this stage of a top-flight campaign since the 2012-13 season (60), which was the last time they won the title.
- Newcastle have lost each of their past 21 away games against opponents starting the day in the Premier League’s top three, in a run dating back to February 2012.
- Marcus Rashford’s opener for Manchester United was his 40th goal in all competitions since the beginning of last season, with only Raheem Sterling (44), Harry Kane (45) and Mohamed Salah (47) managing more among all Premier League players.
- Manchester United’s Bruno Fernandes (15 goals, 10 assists) is the third player within Europe’s top five leagues this season to reach double figures for both goals and assists in league matches, alongside Harry Kane (13 goals, 11 assists) and Thomas Muller (10 goals, 10 assists).
- Daniel James has scored five goals in 13 games for Manchester United this season, one more than he managed in 46 games across all competitions last season.
- Only Callum Wilson (15) has been directly involved in more Premier League goals than Allan Saint-Maximin for Newcastle this season (five – two goals, three assists), despite this only being the Frenchman’s 11th start in the competition this term.
Please share with friends
Do you think Shola is gonna be as good as Rashford ?